Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My mother was right.

Hey there!

So the thing is, I started dancing contemporary when I was 7 years old. My mom always (and I literally mean always) used to tell me I should do ballet, I must do ballet, she can't believe how and why I'm not doing ballet.

But, stupid 7 year-old me did not want anything to do with tutus and the color pink, so I ignored all of my mom's attempts to get me into a black leotard and kept on dancing whatever the hell I wanted to dance. And that was NOT ballet.

Then when I turned 13 I woke up and said "oh well, let's make mamma happy", and went to ballet class for 3 years. I could never get on pointe, and I was of course, the oldest of the little. And I did not care for that, since I already was the most womanly of all my entire middle school class so my boobs were pretty traumatic. Imagine those in a super tight leotard. No bueno.

Now I'm 25 years old and I can't even put into words how much I regret not putting those damn pink tights at 7!

Maybe by now I would've been able to do this:


Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I love ballet! I have the same history: my mom wanted me to do ballet (or gymnastic) but when I was 8 I just wanted to do contemporary and now I regret!

    ReplyDelete